Moon-Baker Agency

130 E Main St
Ada, OK 74820

Get Directions
Moon-Baker Agency Blog

In Ada, OK, What Types of Storm Damage Can Be Claimed?

Midwest storms can cause a variety of damage to both homes and vehicles. It is important to know what type of damage is covered by your insurance policy. Moon – Baker Insurance Agency Inc. serves the residents of Ada, OK, and many nearby communities. The agents can review your existing homeowner’s policy or they can put together a new one that offers the type of coverage you are looking for. They can also advise you as to what type of coverages you should include making your insurance policy complete.

Storms can cause several types of damage to a home. Ice and hail are normally covered by homeowner’s insurance. Water damage, on the other hand, will only be covered under certain circumstances, such as wind-driven rain from a thunderstorm. Flooding is normally covered under a specific clause that is added specifically for homes located in a flood plain. Damage caused by lightning, high winds, and fallen trees are also covered. Homeowners are encouraged to take precautions to reduce different types of storm damage, such as keeping trees trimmed and the roof well maintained. 

Ada, OK is in the heart of the Midwest where storms can be strong enough to scare even the most fearless of individuals. Don’t leave your home unprotected. Call the agents at Moon – Baker Insurance Agency Inc. today to get the storm coverage you need to protect your family from financial disaster. It is important to know what types of coverages are available and what exactly you will need to keep your family safe and secure in your home. Call the Moon – Baker Insurance Agency today to have all of your homeowner’s questions answered when it comes to storm damage.

How Much Information Do I Have to Leave on a Car If I Hit a Parked Car?

If you have hit a parked car, you need to leave information for the car’s owner. If you fail to do so, the accident can be considered a hit and run. However, many people are leery of leaving a whole bunch of information about themselves on the windshield of a parked car. After all, anyone can grab the piece of paper and suddenly have access to your personal information. This may leave you wondering just how much information you need to leave when you hit a parked car. Here is what should be left.

When you hit a parked car, you are required to leave your name, address, contact number and a brief explanation of the accident, such as where your car hit their car. If you are driving someone else’s car, you are also required to leave the name and phone number of the person who owns the car you were driving. This information must be placed in an obvious area, such as under the car’s windshield wipers. You are not required to leave insurance information, though it is recommended you do if you have the information handy.

When leaving your note, be sure to keep in mind that anything you state in the note can be used against you by the insurance company. As such, it is highly recommended that you keep things short and to the point. I accidently hit your bumper or scratched your car states what damage was done without stating I was on my cell phone or speeding and hit your car. Also, it is highly recommended you take pictures of the damage you caused in case the other driver claims more damage was done than what was present after your accident.

When you hit a parked car, your auto insurance premiums may increase. Moon – Baker Insurance Agency Inc. serving the greater Ada, OK area, can help you find an affordable insurance policy, even if you have one or more accidents on your driving record. Give us a call today to get a free quote.